About the course
This is a one day class that lasts 4 hours. The class starts at 9:00am and will go to approximately 1:00pm. Registration begins at 8:30am. The cost of the class is $135.00. A deposit of $35 is required at sign up and the remainder is due at registration on the day of the class.
WEATHER: Yes, we ride in the rain. NO, we do not ride in storms. If it is storming in your travel path, we understand if you reschedule. We let us know as soon as possible if you are wanting to reschedule.
Ride Like Pro South Carolina is held in Columbia, SC at the AMC movie theater located at 5320 Forest Drive (see map). Class size is limited to four (4) students on Thurdays and eight (8) on Saturdays. This allows for a low rider to instructor ratio and gives the students more riding time. The course of instruction is based on the Ride Like a Pro instructional DVD and Exercise Guide. Each exercise builds on the next incorporating the skills learned in the previous exercises. If you have not seen the Ride Like A Pro DVD or YouTube, We highly recommend that you do, as it will help you greatly with the course. You can order the DVD from Jerry’s website, ridelikeapro.com. Sign up with a friend, and make the class even more enjoyable! If you have a group or club that would like to take the course together that can be arranged as well.
Groups: We will travel to most locations to put on a training class, the class needs to be at least 6 or more students, the group will need to procure a suitable parking lot and lodging for us if you do not wish to use our course in Columbia. Group rates would apply.
- Discounts: ALL…. We have decided to reduce the cost by 10% this year. We felt all riders wanting to improve their riding skills should receive a discount.
- Group rates are available for a class of six or more.
- Previous students can retake the class for $50.00 up to 12 months after their first class as long as there is room in the upcoming class.
- Drivers license with motorcycle endorsement
- Valid registration and proof of insurance
- A ‘STREET LEGAL’ motorcycle in good working condition
- 1,000 miles of riding experience highly recommended
- Eye protection
- DOT approved helmet
- Long sleeve shirt / jacket recommended
- Sturdy long pants like jeans. (No Sweat Pants or Yoga pants)
- Sturdy over the ankle boots. (No flip-flops, Crocs, etc)
- All students will be required to sign a liability waiver from the Ride Like a Pro South Carolina, LLC. and from the property owner of the training site.
Course instruction will include:
- The Slow Race
- Twelve foot cone weave
- Twenty four foot circle
- Off set cone weave
- Iron Cross – Intersection
- Twenty four foot Figure 8
- Counter Steering
- Turning techniques from a T intersection
- The Snowman: 30′, 26′, 24′ interconnected circles